Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Not applicable

Overriding the POST request body for paged data loads

I'm trying to load data from a cloud hosted application which exposes a REST API for this purpose. The data being substantially big in size, prompts me to choose a batch approach towards loading the data.

As per the API contract I'm required to make HTTP POST requests with a variable page id in the body for each new page/batch of data (the endpoint URL and HTTP headers remain unchanged).

I've tried searching for a way to do this, and the only approach that I came across on these forums unfortunately didn't work out for me.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Defining a QLIK REST connector with a static XML body to help generate the necessary SQL clause - this works fine.

2. Update the clause to use the WITH CONNECTION construct passing to it a variable body section as follows -

SQL SELECT

WITH CONNECTION (BODY "$(requestBody)");

Whenever the SQL executes, it doesn't fail, but doesn't return data either. However using the statically defined connection works (for a single page of data, since the XML body is static).

Any suggestions? I'm trying all of this with Qlik Sense desktop version 3.1 SR6.

Tags (1)
1 Reply
sandeep_roy
Contributor

Re: Overriding the POST request body for paged data loads

Hi Kevin, I am currently trying to find a solution of batching request to reduce the number of HTTP connections.

Atleast via Qliksense not possible now, you have to refer Batch Processing (OData Version 3.0) · OData - the Best Way to REST..

May be you find some solution!!..

Community Browser