Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Set Analysis with Dates

Hope someone can help - I am a little stumped!

I have a series of records that have a ClaimID as the key.  The records are populated every month, and previous claims are recaptured.  Therefore ClaimID 1234 could be in multiple months data.

So for most things I only want to look at the Claims as they were in that month, so I apply a filter using the DataAsAt field at the app level.

But in one sheet I want to build up a table of movements by month.  So I need a column for new claims, closed claims and claims in force for each month in turn.  So it would look like this:

DataAsAtNewClosedInForce
2017 Jun101
2017 Jul212
2017 Aug406
2017 Sept327
2017 Oct5111

The claims in force is simple, by using set analysis to remove the DataAsAt filed for that field I can get the current in force claims.  But for new, I need to select the DecisionAuthorisationDate.YearMonth = DataAsAt.YearMonth as well as the DecisionReason='New Payment' at the same time as removing the DataAsAt filter.

How do I set the two fields to be equal in set analysis?  Or am I looking at this the wrong way?

Many thanks

Chris

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share some raw data to see how the data looks like?

rubenmarin

Hi Chris, If I understood it right flagging the records with DecisionAuthorisationDate.YearMonth = DataAsAt.YearMonth will help to apply set analysis, ie:

Script:

If(MonthStart(DecisionAuthorisationDate)=MonthStart(DataAsAt), 1, 0) as isSameMonth

Expression:

Count({<isSameMonth={1}, DecisionReason={'New Payment'}>} ClaimID)