Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
demonioazul
Creator
Creator

Using a script-loaded measure into an INLINE table (Qlik Sense)

Hi there,

I must be stuck in something very simple... but I cannot find my error, let alone how to solve it

I have a dimension [BU] and two measures, [Phase] and  [OI]. I load them from an Excel file. In the load script I create new measures to split the OI values after the Phase value so I can plot them separately and make calculations with them separately as well, something like this:

BUPhaseOI
GroceriesP010
AppliancesP030
DiverseP225
GroceriesP112
GroceriesP39
AppliancesP15

in the original load script I had something like this:

LOAD

BU,

Phase,

OI

FROM [....//file.xlsx]

(ooxml,...);

but I modified it and now it looks like this:

LOAD

BU,

Phase,

OI

if(Phase='P0',OI) as OI_Phase0,

if(Phase='P1',OI) as OI_Phase1,

if(Phase='P2',OI) as OI_Phase2,

FROM [....//file.xlsx]

(ooxml,...)

I can use the measures OI_Phase0, OI_Phase1 and OI_Phase2 in charts with no issue, such measures contain the values I expect them to. They plot both perfectly in charts and in tables.

However, I created in a separate script (after the load script), a similar INLINE table like this:

[New_Table]:

LOAD * INLINE [

Region, Phase_Value

R1, OI_Phase0

R2, OI_Phase2

R3, OI_Phase1

];

If I try to plot a bar chart with Region as dimension and Phase_Value as measure, it shows only the X and Y axis, but no bars. To test if my bar chart was OK I replaced the OI_Phase0, OI_Phase1 and OI_Phase2 with fixed values, like this:

[New_Table]:

LOAD * INLINE [

Region, Phase_Value

R1, 5

R2, 10

R3, 3

];

and this is plotted perfectly!!!

I also tried this out of desperation:

[New_Table]:

LOAD * INLINE [

Region, Phase_Value

R1, sum(OI_Phase0)

R2, sum(OI_Phase2)

R3, sum(OI_Phase1)

];

But that did not work either...

I think the values of the measures (OI_Phase0, OI_Phase1 and OI_Phase2) are not being passed to the next script. I do not know how to accomplish this or if there is something I am doing that is not making it work... Maybe my assumption that once loaded any measure can be used afterwards in any script is not correct?

What can be wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help or hint!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
demonioazul
Creator
Creator
Author

I found out after long time trying to solve this that INLINE tables are only for fixed values...

*sigh*

Well, at least using INLINE tables is not the way to solve my issue of using loaded measures in a script...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
demonioazul
Creator
Creator
Author

I found out after long time trying to solve this that INLINE tables are only for fixed values...

*sigh*

Well, at least using INLINE tables is not the way to solve my issue of using loaded measures in a script...