Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik and Talend Support Cases are now opened in the same place.

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows and Node.js

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows and Node.js

Last Update:

Aug 14, 2024 9:11:56 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Mar 5, 2020 4:13:16 PM

Node.js comes bundled with Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows. Its version depends on the Qlik Sense released currently installed.

How do I know which version of node.js is used by Qlik Sense?

You can verify the version of any of the third-party integrations Qlik Sense makes use of by:

• Using the Qlik Sense API and calling About Service API: thirdParty: Get, which returns details including information about copyright, version, licensing, and legal notices.
  • Accessing the below URL in a browser, where qlikserver.domain.local is replaced with your Qlik Sense server hostname:
    https://qlikserver.domain.local/api/about/v1/thirdParty

How do I upgrade my version of node.js is used by Qlik Sense?

You may want to upgrade node.js, specifically in response to a security vulnerability. To do so, upgrade Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows. When upgrading Qlik Sense, the currently installed node.exe will be replaced with the version Qlik Sense comes bundled with at this release.

Can I install or upgrade a separately installed instance of node.js?

Installing Qlik Sense installs node.exe side-by-side in the following location: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\ServiceDispatcher\Node.

If you install node.js manually it will typically be installed in C:\Program Files\nodejs and the Windows environment variable will point to this location by default (i.e. running node -v to get the version will result in providing the version of node found in C:\Program Files\nodejs).

As Qlik Sense will not register any Windows environment variable for node.js, it will not tamper with any settings affecting already installed node.js instances. Therefore it is safe to upgrade your separate instance of Node.js.

Environment

• Qlik Sense Enterprise all versions

Related Content

Third-party and middleware software integrated with Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows 

Labels (2)
Version history
Last update:
2 weeks ago
Updated by: