Qlik Community

Qlik Technical Bulletin Blog

Information on all new product releases, connectors, beta programs, and technical product information.

Not applicable

QlikView 11.20 SR6 is now available here

This release includes the following major changes:

1. New languages - 3 new client languages have been added:

• Korean

• Traditional Chinese

• Turkish

2. Desktop Startpage and Excel wizard - New design of startpage and Excel wizard to help new users to get started in a better way:

• Easier access to Tutorials, Examples, Training and Getting started documents

• Re-designed Excel Import-Wizard to better assist new users importing their first data-file and creating a graph.

3. Better support for Windows hybrid devices - Now it is possible to switch between Touch mode and Mouse/Pen mode on Windows hybrid devices by just touching/clicking.

4. New Ajax repository design - The Ajax repository is re-designed to ensure better response times and make it easier to find objects when using the repository in large documents.

5. Added support for Windows Server 2012 R2

6. Supportability improvements

• Added alert email tags - New alert email tag options are included to provide new information with email notifications. These include links to the document log as well as snippets of information about the document error.

• Task performance summary - New task performance summary added that will provide information about the amount of RAM used, CPU and QVB elapsed time.

You can read more in the Release Notes available on the download site: http://global.qlikview.com

Regards,

The Products Team

21 Comments
Not applicable

Hi John,

I am very interested in hearing more about the "Task performance summary" information, but there is no mention of it in the release notes?  Can you please advise if and where it is documented?   

I think this will be a very useful feature for tying server infrastructure / resource consumption for reload processing back to actual QVS usage by end users (i.e. to see how much of it is actually being used!).

Thanks,

Graeme

Partner
Partner

At the end Turkish came. We waited too much.

Thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

To download the SR6, Are we need to be a Customer or partner?

Aren't we able to download with my free account?

0 Likes
Partner
Partner

you can download the new version and install on your current version as upgrade w/o problem.

regards.

0 Likes

John Callan I agree with Graeme Smith that  the 'Task performance summary - New task performance summary added that will provide information about the amount of RAM used, CPU and QVB elapsed time' sounds interesting, but I cannot find any mention of it in the Release Notes either.

Partner
Partner

I agree, I also could not find the details.

regards

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Graeme,

unfortunately we had to pull back the "Task performance summary" from the final build due to a late found problem. We hope it will be included in the SR7.

Regards

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

Can I have the old Start Page back - the new one is not great.  Who came up with the use cases for this?

As a daily user of QlikView, having the "Examples" section take up most of the screen is useless.  I always use the recently opened function, but now I have lost the icons that allow me quickly differentiate between Server and File applications.

Not great guys.

Contributor II

I fully agree with you Stephen !

0 Likes
Contributor

+1

Plus, why is the license status hidden behind a button? All our clients known they must look in the top at the right if they are using a leased license and this info isn't visible now anymore.

Partner
Partner

I agree with both remarks (Layout and License status)

The new start page looks cleaner, but should be configurable.

License info should always be visible on the start page

Not applicable

That's really disappointing Lars, but thanks for letting us know.  I really hope it makes it into the next release.  We have a large environment, and this will be really useful functionality from a deployment management perspective.

Thanks and Regards,

Graeme

Not applicable

Hi All,
Any idea when SR7 is likely to be available. We also have a large environment like Graeme and as such we are keen on Supportability Improvements.
Kind Regards,

Footsie

0 Likes
New Contributor II

Yes, I agree about the example area.

I like the redesign, but it would improve with the example area being optional, and bringing back the icons and license status!

0 Likes
Contributor

Guys, is there anything that we can read explaining the new 5/20 build date & build number?

0 Likes
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

There is only one bug fix listed in the Release Notes:

Bug fixed in QV11.2 SR6 Update1.

The hash function, Hash128, Hash160 and Hash256 has changed behavior from SR5 and with

the same input now gives a different value in SR6. If these hash function are used to create

concatened keys to be stored in QVD’s and used in combination with incremental loads this will

lead to non-matching keys with older QVD-data. If you have already used SR6 to create QVDs

according to above, these have to be recreated to match older QVD’s.

68285 Hash Function: different strings result in SR6 compared to SR5,SR4 etc

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

Wow!  I only reported that bug last week and it has been patched and updated already.

🙂

0 Likes
Not applicable

It is great that they fixed the issue quickly. However it would be even better if there was some kind of notification about it. I just upgraded a client last week using April's download and now I might need to tell them we need to run another update. Not a great situation.

0 Likes
Luminary
Luminary

I would check with support - if this is the only patch, and you client are not using the Hash function, then there may be no reason to update them.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi,

this is the only fix in the Update release. Sorry we are a bit late with the official notification, coming soon from our Product marketing.

Rob's summary above is correct and as you mention, if you are sure that you don't use the Hash functions in this way, then there is no immediate need to upgrade.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thank you Lars.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes