Qlik Community

Ask a Question

Qlik Technical Bulletin Blog

Information on all new product releases, connectors, beta programs, and technical product information.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
Not applicable

QlikView 11.20 SR6 is now available here

This release includes the following major changes:

1. New languages - 3 new client languages have been added:

• Korean

• Traditional Chinese

• Turkish

2. Desktop Startpage and Excel wizard - New design of startpage and Excel wizard to help new users to get started in a better way:

• Easier access to Tutorials, Examples, Training and Getting started documents

• Re-designed Excel Import-Wizard to better assist new users importing their first data-file and creating a graph.

3. Better support for Windows hybrid devices - Now it is possible to switch between Touch mode and Mouse/Pen mode on Windows hybrid devices by just touching/clicking.

4. New Ajax repository design - The Ajax repository is re-designed to ensure better response times and make it easier to find objects when using the repository in large documents.

5. Added support for Windows Server 2012 R2

6. Supportability improvements

• Added alert email tags - New alert email tag options are included to provide new information with email notifications. These include links to the document log as well as snippets of information about the document error.

• Task performance summary - New task performance summary added that will provide information about the amount of RAM used, CPU and QVB elapsed time.

You can read more in the Release Notes available on the download site: http://global.qlikview.com

Regards,

The Products Team

21 Comments
Not applicable

Hi John,

I am very interested in hearing more about the "Task performance summary" information, but there is no mention of it in the release notes?  Can you please advise if and where it is documented?   

I think this will be a very useful feature for tying server infrastructure / resource consumption for reload processing back to actual QVS usage by end users (i.e. to see how much of it is actually being used!).

Thanks,

Graeme

makkemik
Partner
Partner

At the end Turkish came. We waited too much.

Thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

To download the SR6, Are we need to be a Customer or partner?

Aren't we able to download with my free account?

0 Likes
makkemik
Partner
Partner

you can download the new version and install on your current version as upgrade w/o problem.

regards.

0 Likes
bill_markham

John Callan I agree with Graeme Smith that  the 'Task performance summary - New task performance summary added that will provide information about the amount of RAM used, CPU and QVB elapsed time' sounds interesting, but I cannot find any mention of it in the Release Notes either.

makkemik
Partner
Partner

I agree, I also could not find the details.

regards

0 Likes
Lars_Wahlstedt
Employee
Employee

Hi Graeme,

unfortunately we had to pull back the "Task performance summary" from the final build due to a late found problem. We hope it will be included in the SR7.

Regards

0 Likes
stephen-a_redmo
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Can I have the old Start Page back - the new one is not great.  Who came up with the use cases for this?

As a daily user of QlikView, having the "Examples" section take up most of the screen is useless.  I always use the recently opened function, but now I have lost the icons that allow me quickly differentiate between Server and File applications.

Not great guys.

omyahamburg
Creator II
Creator II

I fully agree with you Stephen !

0 Likes
gardenierbi
Creator
Creator

+1

Plus, why is the license status hidden behind a button? All our clients known they must look in the top at the right if they are using a leased license and this info isn't visible now anymore.