Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

400 - Bad Request when using QMS API to update server CAL data

Hey all,

I'm using the QMS API to manage our named CALs.  Currently I use GetCalConfiguration (setting NamedCALs as scope) to get the current CAL configuration.  I then add or remove named CALs based on the results of a query from our local metadata repository that handles access.  From there I use SaveCALConfiguration to send it back up to the server.

This all worked beautifully for a few months when we did the QV10 upgrade, however lately we've been getting the following error when I try to pass a modified CAL configuration back to it:

The remote server returned an unexpected response: (400) Bad Request.

We are currently at about 300 named CALs and there is no rhyhme or reason to when it fails, one time it will work just perfectly, then it will do it again later and it will fail.  I can manually go into enterprise management console and give them the license there and it works just fine.

Anyone run into this before?  Exception stack below.

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory factory, WebException responseException)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi did you ever get a solution to this problem.  I am facing the same issue.  I can get the named CALs fine but saving them won't work. Same error.