Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Change the location of source documents

Hello

we are working on Qlik View server 12 SR3
we already have a lot of source document with so many tasks defined
Now we want to change the location of the source documents; now if we change path of the source folder will the tasks still be runnable on the documents actually defined on?
Kindly advise on how to do so without losing the tasks and their triggers etc...

I can walk on water when it freezes
2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

While written for QlikView 11.x, this should help:

How to move the QlikView Publisher Repository (QVPR) - https://support.qlik.com/articles/000002795

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Ali, I am not sure the article Miguel attached is what you were asking, I believe you just want to change the location of the Source Document Folder on one or more of your Source Doc resources in the QDS Settings?  If that is the case, you do NOT want to do that via the QMC, as doing so will change the GUID on that SourceDocumentFolderResource.xml entry in the QVPR files, and that in turn will break all your task links....

Instead, what you want to do is open the SourceDocumentFolderResource.xml file, find the Source Document folder you want to move, then change the path value directly in the xml file to the new path, save the file and restart the QMS service, that should change the path to the new location but leave the GUID in tact such that all the tasks still run as expected.  If you did try to change things via the QMC, you can simply restore the QVPR files from one of the backups and then change things this way...

Shout if you have questions, but hopefully this is what you needed.  Sorry I am a few days behind, hopefully I caught you in time.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.