cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjzimm76
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Directory Service Connector

I'm having a problem with a Loop and Reduce task.  And I think it has to do with not being able to query Active Directory because it says that it can't find any recipients.  The qlikview server/publisher is on a different domain than the users.  And when I go to the one of the license tabs in QMC (QVS V11) and I click one of the Manage User icons, I can't find the users in the other domain when I search for them.  Users were able to lease licenses dynamically though.

For Directory Service Connectors, I added the path to the user's domain LDAP path (LDAP://domain).  For the DSC service, I had to set it up using a domain account from the server's domain.

Can QlikView Server use Active Directory from a different domain than where the server is located?  Do I need to put a username and password in the AD entry for Directory Service Connector?  How can I check to see if the account they gave me can acess the user's domain Active Directory? 

3 Replies
Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

The Qlikview Server and Qlikview Publisher need to be in the same forest in Active Directory. I recommend to use always the same domain to avoid problems.

Using Active Directory, you want to configure DSC Active Directory, not LDAP DSC.

The distribute feature enable only the option to find users. It isn´t have a "Manual Input field" .

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
cjzimm76
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I should have been clearer.  For Directory Service Connectors, I added the LDAP path for the user's domain to the Active Directory node under Directory Service Connectors on the System > Setup tab in QMC.  I'm pretty sure the user domain and the QV Server/Publisher domain are in the same forest.  There is not anything I can do to move 1 to the other domain at the moment.  I need to get it to work with users in one domain and the QV Server/Publisher in another domain.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

I don´t know. I believe that will work, but my suggestion is make a test.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM