Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kira_whopper
Creator
Creator

Document embedded license not valid, any way to fix?

Hi there,

I am a licensed user of QlikView desktop and I'm using some files to make a demonstration for my clients, but those files are a little bit old and by opening them some days ago in a QlikView Personal Edition I got the following message:

"The license that is embedded in this document is not valid"

I am aware of the limitation through a licensed user creating a file for a personal edition license user to open and I can open those files one my licensed QlikView.
But here in the community, some users update those files with a Personal License for them to work again.

I would like to know what's the procedure for that...

In summary: file's embedded license not valid, how to update file's personal edition license?

11 Replies
kira_whopper
Creator
Creator
Author

Actually the file was not reloaded. It's still marked as modified in it's original date.
But I tried reloading it with my lease license and then opening with a Personal Edition copy of QlikView, it was no go... Still the same not valid license embedded error...

The demo files with just interface objects are easier to fix, I just added the original .qvw demo file as a binary on the load script of a new file. But when it's a file wich the purpose is to show interface and script, doesn's work, so I would have to recreate the file all over again

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Weird. It works for me though (using APIGuide.qvw). Saving the document to another file after reloading (even without having any source data files) produces a QVW that has no embedded license anymore. I see that you managed to find a wayaround this problem. If you're still interested, I'll document the steps I took in this discussion.

Good luck,

Peter