Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView Administration

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Announcements
QlikView forum consolidation is complete. Labels are now required. LEARN ABOUT LABELS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

E-mail Alert configuration

Hi all,

I'm working with a customer running Qlikview Server SBE WITHOUT QlikView Publisher. They want to enable the e-mail alerts when a document reload goes wrong. I configured the mail server to send HTML e-mails and authentication to use username and password. I ran the send-email test and it was successfully delivered into the administrator's mailbox. I also, set the SMTP option under the QlikView Server Settings tab to send the alerts, however, whenever a document realod fails it throws an error in the log, saying that the user should be authenticated before sending an e-mail, obviously the email is not generated, does anyone have any ideas on this?? am I missing a configuration step???

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

5 Replies
apalmtree
Creator II
Creator II

did you find a sollution for this?

TigerisBack
Champion
Champion

If you have version 9, check out section 9.6 in the QlikView Server Reference Manual. As a quick summary, in the same section where you configure the SMTP of the QlikView Server there is a section to add e-mails to send alerts when the reloads of the server fails.

Regards.

apalmtree
Creator II
Creator II

i found it but it doesn't have a test button as it sais in the manual. I'm on QVS10 no publisher.

TigerisBack
Champion
Champion

create for a test application and then reload and test

apalmtree
Creator II
Creator II

smart. why didn't i think of that. thank you!