Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save

Why does this error occur?

Let me know if you need confirmation or if you can tell me the cause

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. || at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) || at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost) || at SolutionGlobal.FileSystem.FileSupport.MoveFile(String sourceFile, String destinationFile, Nullable`1 tryFor, Nullable`1 sleepDuration) || at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String sourceFileName, String destFileName) || at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anat
Master
Master

as per log it says "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".

can u check is any files are using parallel in jobs at same time.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
anat
Master
Master

as per log it says "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process".

can u check is any files are using parallel in jobs at same time.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@qwebnm

I can see that you have posted 3 different errors you are getting from reloads. The issues are probably symptoms pointing to a bigger issue.

I think you really need to contact your account manager to get help with a health check of the system. 

Are your source documents and user documents in the same folder?

If you are using publisher, you should absolutely not do that. It can lead to file locks like what you are seeing.

If you want to see what process is locking the file, use the below article

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/File-Access-and-Process-Monitoring-How-to-find-locked-files-...

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Is this the same QlikView install as the one in this post?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/AccessPoint-No-Server-Error/m-p/1896285#M97744

If you are having stability issues with the QlikView Server (QVS) then that  can explain the reload issues you are seeing.

qwebnm
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

The access point no server error is a case that occurred on another server.