Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extension fails to load when .xap file size exceeds 12500 bytes

Hello guys,

I've noticed that when the .xap file size of my Silverlight based extension exceeds 12500 bytes it can't be loaded properly and crashes with bad parser error of Silverlight plugin. As you can see at this post similar behavior is reproduced when the .xap file is corrupted during the process of its transfer to the server. Is there any special in the way you process the files based on their size? Another thing to mention is that when I've increased the compression level and manually zipped the .xap and size goes less than 12500 bytes the extension was able to load the .xap file with no errors.

Best regards.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Any ideas or workarounds?!

Not applicable
Author

Is there anyone to help me with this issue? Seriously, if that is a bug in the way the .xap is transferred to the server, I think that makes Silverlight inapplicable for the QV extensions. Does anyone have any experience with Silverlight at all?

Thanks in advance.

konrad_mattheis
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I only have the idea, that you make a small silverlight app that load the next silverlight app. Do you have an working example? I also try to get silverlight running.

bye

MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

Conventionally the client components of an Extension are deployed on the Server and when your reference those components from the Javascript wrapper (script.js) you retrieve them from the QlikView Server using Qva.LoadScript( etc). It seems that this is where your XAP is being damaged upon retrieval from the Server. Have you tried placing it in a custom virtual directory on the WebServer and referencing it directly instead of via QvsViewClient.aspx?

Just an untested idea!