Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AniketVasadkar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Failed to retrieve CAL configuration from QlikView Server & Failed to retrieve settings from Qlik View server with ID : <Some id here>

Hi All,

We have installed QlikView version May 2021 SR1 on windows server. When we click on QlikView Server under licenses we get pop up saying "Failed to retrieve CAL configuration from QlikView Server".

Also when we ignore this and fill in license details and click apply we get alert saying 

"Failed to retrieve settings from Qlik View server with ID : <Some id here>" .

Basically we are not able to license this new installation.

I tried solutions listed on community like

1. 4747 port is open

2. Service user is part of Qlik View administrative group 

3. Deleted *.pgo file in QlikViewServer folder so that they generate upon restart 

Still no luck

Thanks

Aniket

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@AniketVasadkar

I have noticed that window 2016 and 2019 seems to not give full rights even if you are admin on the server.

There are actually quite a few posts about this if you search on google. (not Qlik Related)

I think this is a possible cause for this

We also have an article for other issues that might cause this.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Failed-to-retrieve-settings-from-QlikView-Server-Make-sure-t...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@AniketVasadkar

I have noticed that window 2016 and 2019 seems to not give full rights even if you are admin on the server.

There are actually quite a few posts about this if you search on google. (not Qlik Related)

I think this is a possible cause for this

We also have an article for other issues that might cause this.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Failed-to-retrieve-settings-from-QlikView-Server-Make-sure-t...