Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you force a selection to be fixed for all users ?

I have a multi-table QlikView document where I want to restrict the data that the end user sees based on a simple list selection.

If I make the selection and lock the list, this works for local clients. And if I place that list on a conditional tab, local client users cannot access any of the remaining data.

However, web clients can select from the excluded items on other lists and this selection over-rides the locked selections. I don't mind that they can see the exlcuded items on the lists, it is the numbers in the charts that need to be restricted.

I cannot add in-line entries to force this because it throws out all of my joins, that are sadly complex.

I could re-write the entire extraction SQL, but that is a big job and locking a QlikView selection would be so much easier if it were possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Why dont you use section access to reduce the data using "Data Reduction".

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep tak

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks, that looks exactly the right thing. I will give it a try.

Not applicable
Author

Sadly that doesn't work. I will try to explain why.

I have many tables in the QlikView, 6 of which are all joined by the same complex join, made up of field A, field B, field C & field D. One of those 6 tables has another field, Flag1, which is the one I want to restrict by.

If I add Flag1 as a field in the 'section application' inline load, then this creates a new join from the data table to the section application table. In doing so, the join to the remaining 5 tables with this complex join gets messed up, making data in those tables available even though Flag1 has been successfully restricted.

So the restriction works but it messes up the data in all of the other tables whilst doing so. It has the same effect as restricting the SQL query for the one table, but failing to do a 'where in' statement to restrict all of the other tables at the same time.

Thanks,