Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to access qvw files with automatic login through access point

Hi,

I have installed QVW files in Qlikview web server and able to access applications through qlikview access point(through web).

I have used section Access in the QVW file and it is working fine.

It is working as follows

1.Access point will prompt for user name and password to connect to qlikview webserver. Then user will provide the credentials and once it is authenticated then he can able to see the QVW files(applications) for which he has the access.

2. User tries to open the QVW file (section access enabled). it  will prompt for user name and password.Once it is provided it will show the data accordingly.

Here my question is when user enters accesspoint (url path), server should not ask user credential to connect to qlikview webserver. It should be shown the applications directly. When user tries to open application then only it should promprt user name & password.

Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

naga srinivas

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you use LDAP authentication, then it should be possible

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If the users is part of the domain that the QVS is a member of then this should work, if the server listed in either Local Intranet or Trusted Sites.

Now if section access is prompting them for a user ID then you may be using both NTname and USERID in section access. Their NT ID isn't being passed and it is prompting for their USERID

bILL

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.