Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vica
Contributor
Contributor

How to change Section Access in QlikView application (if via QlikView Desktop Personal Edition how to validate the license?)

I am a Root Admin and I need to modify section access directly in QlikView aplication script on QlikView production server.

1. What are the possibilities to edit the script if the application owner is someone else?

2. Can I use QlikView Desktop Personal Edition ? 

It enables only opening 3 applications if you are not an owner. It is possible to change licence key and validate licence for having an access to applications even if you are not an application owner

If so, 

3. What kind od licence is needed? To extend QlikView Desktop Personal Edition ?

My company purchased dual licences AMP - Qlik Sense Enterprise Client Managed - International (analyzer and professional).

Is this a right licence to validate for having an access to applications even if I am not an application owner or should I purchase other lincence type? 

What licence should purchase my company ? 

4. How can I contact QlicView support for assistance (other way than calling +1 (866) 616-4960)

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@VicaWith QlikView Personal Edition, Qlik offers a free version of QlikView for personal use. It is meant for individuals, students or small start-ups. QlikView Personal Edition is the full QlikView Desktop product and uses the same installation package. The only difference is that QlikView Personal Edition runs without a license key.

There are no limitations in terms of time or functionality in QlikView Personal Edition, however, there are a few aspects to observe regarding the handling of QlikView documents. In QlikView Personal Edition, every document is saved with a user key that binds that file to the computer it is created on. This implies:

• QlikView Personal Edition can only open files created using that particular copy of QlikView. This means, with QlikView Personal Edition you cannot use your QlikView documents on different computers, you cannot share your QlikView documents with another unregistered user, or open a QlikView document from another user (exempted are documents specially prepared for personal use by Qlik). However, documents created in QlikView Personal Edition can be used with a licensed copy of QlikView Desktop and they can also be published on a QlikView Server.  You can not edit the script if the application owner is someone else.
  • You cannot import an entire document layout (sheets/objects/security settings, etc. in XML format, without the data) into QlikView Personal Edition.

To license Desktop client you need the CAL type of license  with the product level 3 and control number, 

See How to provide license to the Qlikview personal edition in the article below.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/How-to-provide-license-to-the-Qlikview-persona...

Matters related to licenses are best handled by you Account Manager.  Kindly reach out to him to discuss.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@VicaWith QlikView Personal Edition, Qlik offers a free version of QlikView for personal use. It is meant for individuals, students or small start-ups. QlikView Personal Edition is the full QlikView Desktop product and uses the same installation package. The only difference is that QlikView Personal Edition runs without a license key.

There are no limitations in terms of time or functionality in QlikView Personal Edition, however, there are a few aspects to observe regarding the handling of QlikView documents. In QlikView Personal Edition, every document is saved with a user key that binds that file to the computer it is created on. This implies:

• QlikView Personal Edition can only open files created using that particular copy of QlikView. This means, with QlikView Personal Edition you cannot use your QlikView documents on different computers, you cannot share your QlikView documents with another unregistered user, or open a QlikView document from another user (exempted are documents specially prepared for personal use by Qlik). However, documents created in QlikView Personal Edition can be used with a licensed copy of QlikView Desktop and they can also be published on a QlikView Server.  You can not edit the script if the application owner is someone else.
  • You cannot import an entire document layout (sheets/objects/security settings, etc. in XML format, without the data) into QlikView Personal Edition.

To license Desktop client you need the CAL type of license  with the product level 3 and control number, 

See How to provide license to the Qlikview personal edition in the article below.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/How-to-provide-license-to-the-Qlikview-persona...

Matters related to licenses are best handled by you Account Manager.  Kindly reach out to him to discuss.

Vica
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI@Jill_Masinde 

Thank you very much for your post.

I have heard that CAL licences are not longer available.

My company purchased dual licences AMP - Qlik Sense Enterprise Client Managed - International (analyzer and professional). 

Aren't they enough to use QV Desktop ?

Best Regards

Vica

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@Vica  You can use License Lease to license the QlikView Desktop by utilizing the Professional Licenses  available on the QlikView server. 

Review the following articles for more information

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-To-Lease-A-License-From-QlikView-Server-...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Differences-between-Professional-and-Analyze...

Jill_Masinde
Support
Support

@Vica  So you will need to assign a user a professional license inorder to lease from the Qlikview Server

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2021/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/QVS...