Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II

How to map network folder in qlikview server QMC

Hi All,

Please guide me in mapping mount folders in Qlikview Server. I have shared the drive where I have saved the qlikview applications. Now I wanted to create tasks on those files but for creating tasks QVW files should be visible in QMC.

Does any one have idea about the simple procedure to mount the shared folders.

Any kind of help would be appreciate.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Neha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I would advise against it, because the availability of network folders are subject to network stability and load. Also, don't forget that your documents must reside on Windows machines.

If you don't mind the reduced loading/saving I/O speed, then you can open/mount a network folder just by clicking the green plus button, and in the Choose Folder dialog, select "My network places". There you'll get a list with available servers on your network.

Mounted network folders should always be specified using UNC paths, which start with a server name. That's why "My network places" should be the starting point.

If you don't find your server in the "My network places" server list, make sure that the service account that is running the QlikView services has access to your server with QlikView documents.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I would advise against it, because the availability of network folders are subject to network stability and load. Also, don't forget that your documents must reside on Windows machines.

If you don't mind the reduced loading/saving I/O speed, then you can open/mount a network folder just by clicking the green plus button, and in the Choose Folder dialog, select "My network places". There you'll get a list with available servers on your network.

Mounted network folders should always be specified using UNC paths, which start with a server name. That's why "My network places" should be the starting point.

If you don't find your server in the "My network places" server list, make sure that the service account that is running the QlikView services has access to your server with QlikView documents.

Best,

Peter

Muthu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Both the machines in which application is copied and in which QMC is installed have to be in same network.

If you have publisher the path has to be changed in QMC--> System--> Setup--> Distribution service --> Source Documents. you can simply give \\IP Address\Folder.

If you have only Qlikview server license the path has to be changed in QMC--> System--> Setup-->

Qlikview Servers ->  Root Folder \\IP Address\Folder

Hope this helps.

nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks, I have  access issue with the account that is running qlikview services thats why i am unable to find shared folders in network places.

But as you mentioned , Its good to avoid this, hence I will manually copy my QVW files from development server to Qlikview server.

Best Regards,

Neha