Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to send the log file when there is a load failure

Hi,

When there is an error in the data upload I get an email to say there was a error in the upload but, I would like to send the log file so I can see the actual error. Does anyone know how to send the error/ log file in an email when this happens?

Thank you,

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Colin-Albert

Not sure if this can be done.

The email templates in the System Setup for the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) for the failure event set the format of the email message.

The standard format does include a reference to part of the log being included and adds a field [Log], but this is the QDS log and not the document log.

A QDS log is always created, but the document log only exists if the generate log file option is enabled on the document properties of the source QVW.

If the generate log file is not selected then there is only the QDS log available and there is no document log detailing what happened in the load script..

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Darragh,

There isn't a way to attach the logs to the email when it happens. It does sent out a sample of the error, but not the whole log.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.