Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Launch (Start Programs and Documents from Button, Script and Module) - security setting

Dear Community

I am looking for a specific text which I can insert into the Settings.ini file on the webserver of QlikView (Ajax) so that I can set the security configuration (which we can find in: QlikView Desktop > User Preferences > Security) to enable the Option "Launch (Start Programs and Documents from Button, Script and Module)".

Hope you can help me. Thank you very much in advance for your effort

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

The settings of features between the server and the desktop client aren't mandatory the same and they could depend from different things and create conflicts with other settings/features. Therefore you should be very careful of manipulating the settings.ini.

Nevertheless you could take a try and create a backup of the settings.ini, stop the server-services, open the ini and  copy & paste this statement into it (probably somewhere below the settings 7 area and start the services again. If it not worked or if you get any problems you could restore the old setting-file.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Marcus

Thank you for taking time to answer on my question. Do you know what text I have to type in?

I have posted an example of another command. So I also need to know the command which I have to write in this .ini file.

marcus_sommer

I don't know these statements exactly - I would just make a copy of the setting.ini from the client and then change the settings in qlikview and then comparing old and new setting.ini. They aren't very big so that you should find the difference quite quickly. If not you could open and/or copy it with/to MS Word and using their inbuilt comparing-feature.

- Marcus