Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Make it possible for a user to change their password in Accesspoint

Hi everyone,

My client uses SBE on a dedicated server and access via SSL.

When a user enters the address for the server, it automatically redirects to the accesspoint page on the server and asks for a login/password.

However, the user is unable to change the password. How can we arrange it so the user can not only login, but is also able to change the password when needed? We have set a password policy and use an IIS qlikview page. I did find a Windows Authentication option under IIS, but not sure if that is what I need and how to use it.

Thanks,

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Mark,

With SBE, QlikView doesn't authenticate by itself, it uses the Active Directory instead, so the user and password the users are prompted are their own domain account names and passwords. If the user is able to change his domain account password, then the Accesspoint will ask for the new one. If I'm DOMAIN\mabaeyens with password 1234, then these are the credentials the Accesspoint is prompting for.

In another words, the user credentials in the domain will be the same they will be prompted when accessing Accesspoint.

If you are not using same user's credentials, and they have to authenticate with accounts DOMAIN\Username different than their session logon (in my case, say DOMAIN\qlikviewuser1 password abcd), then they will need to be able to change this user's (qlikviewuser1) password.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Mark,

With SBE, QlikView doesn't authenticate by itself, it uses the Active Directory instead, so the user and password the users are prompted are their own domain account names and passwords. If the user is able to change his domain account password, then the Accesspoint will ask for the new one. If I'm DOMAIN\mabaeyens with password 1234, then these are the credentials the Accesspoint is prompting for.

In another words, the user credentials in the domain will be the same they will be prompted when accessing Accesspoint.

If you are not using same user's credentials, and they have to authenticate with accounts DOMAIN\Username different than their session logon (in my case, say DOMAIN\qlikviewuser1 password abcd), then they will need to be able to change this user's (qlikviewuser1) password.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

We found this out by ourselves, but it is the answer I was looking for Big Smile