Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multibox Search inconsistent in IE Plugin

Hi All

I have a large document with multiple users who access the doc via the IE Plugin.  We're using QV V9 SR 6.

The problem I'm having is that when people search for an item I know is in the list on a multibox sometimes it will bring up the item other times it will be as if the item isn't even in the list?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dominic

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Something I've noticed - say if the value I'm searching for is "U12500", if i click the multibox and start typing "125" it doesn't find it but if I type "U125" it does...? 

Thanks

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you are using a seach box object you will need to put a * in front of 125 to get it to show the U125. The search string would be *125. 

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

The search add asterix's automatically so it isn' t that..

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

OK, then you can either try SR 7 and see if that fixes the issue are undate to version 10 or 11. Support for version 9 is close to ending.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.