Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3iuk
Creator
Creator

Problem with remote user access and tunelling

We have a remote user, whom I believe is connecting onto our network using VPN. We are trying to set him up with access to QlikView. He has been able to get to the AccessPoint and install the IE-Plugin. When he tries to access a report he gets the following error:

qvp://SERVERNAME/Category/ReportName.qvw?iis_authenticate=<long hex number>&tunneler=http%3A//SERVERNAME/scripts/QVSTunnel.dll%3Fhost%3DSERVERNAME could not be opened

Am I right in thinking that QlikView is trying to use tunnelling, which it looks like we do not have installed? We are currently using the QlikView web server - am I also right in thinking that you need to use the IIS in order support tunnelling?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, the QlikView web server supports Tunnelling and it is enable by default. I might have to do with DNS. When I VPN into my companies network, I have to use the FQN of the server. So if I want to connect to a server name test, I have to use test.companyname.com

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

I'm currently facing the same issue. We are not using IIS.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks!

r3iuk
Creator
Creator
Author

If I recall correctly, our problem was caused by name resolution. We put the SERVERNAME and the IP address into the host file on the remote client computers and they were then able to get at the QlikView documents OK.

Not applicable

Thanks!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, the QlikView web server supports Tunnelling and it is enable by default. I might have to do with DNS. When I VPN into my companies network, I have to use the FQN of the server. So if I want to connect to a server name test, I have to use test.companyname.com

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.