Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVWS as separate install connecting to existing QVS

I'm sure this is simple, but I'm having trouble getting it to work properly...

I need to setup a stand alone QVWS server on a separate box from the QVS

My target QVWS additional box is Windows2003 SP2. It is in the same domain as the QVS. I can ping the QVS server and get a response.

I'm installing QlikView v10 SR2 on both the target QVWS server and it's already installed and working on the QVS server.

2. I install the 'QV Web Server' from the install profile options.. and the install goes to completion. (there is NO iis on this machine)

2a. I start the QVWS service, it starts with no errors

3. I kick off IE 8, type http://'localhost'/qlikview into the address field....and receive the top portion of AccessPoint, along with a warning..."No Server' and a link...'click here for possible solutions' .

3. I stop the QVWS service, then I modify the c:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml

3a. There is no <QvsHost> line or QvsTunnel, but there is a <DefaultQvs> entry that I change from 'localhost' to the server's host name.

4. I restart the QVWS service, try IE8 to the AccessPoint. Same problem.

5. I look at the ..\WebServer\Log\XXXXXXX.txt log file and it tells me: 'Warning config error - invalid default qvs: .....'

So, I tried numerous permutations of the QVS box name, hostname, IP address, etc... same error.

Last I tried adding tags for <QvsHost> and <QvsTunnel> as the documentation mentions, but no joy.

How do I setup QV so that I have a separate QVWS pointing to an existing QVS ?

0 Replies