Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eoinboylan
Partner - Contributor III

QlikView Data Difference Between Manual Reload and QMC Reload

Hi all,

I have an existing customer app that manually reloads correctly, but when the QMC reload occurs, the app contains a dramatically reduced data set.  

I had originally thought there may have been some Section Access implemented, causing Data Reduction but I cannot see any evidence of this.  

Has anyone else come across this problem or have any suggestions of how to troubleshoot further?

Many thanks,

Eoin

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eoinboylan
Author

I got to the bottom of this issue.  There was section access applied to this app in hidden script, that's why the data was different after the task load vs the manual load, as the manual load showed everything and was not affected by section access.  

Thanks for all your replies though!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using Publisher then perhaps the reload tasks creates different user documents using on of the Reduce options:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_Source...

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
eoinboylan
Author

Hi Gysbert_Wassenaar,

Thank you for the response.  Unfortunately none of these options to reduce by field or by bookmark appear to have been implemented in this app, at least as far as I can see in the Reduce tab when editing the task in the QMC. 

Is there another method, perhaps in the script, that this may have been implemented?  I have searched the script and cannot seem to see anything that implies reduction or section access is happening.

Many thanks,

Eoin

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would suggest comparing the row counts in the script logs.

-Rob

eoinboylan
Author

Hi Rwunderlich,

Thanks for your response.  As far as I can see in the script logs, each of the reloads looks the same.  As far as comparing row counts, I don't actually see where these occur.  I can only view the app's output log and the log shown in the QMC as this environment does not appear to have a C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch folder.  

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

Many thanks,

Eoin

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hey! 
Probably not your problem,
but I had the same problem for maaany years ago (QlikView 9 I think). Qlik later released a patch on this behavior after investigation in the environment. The problems then was how the developer and qvb.exe interpreted different on certain numbers. Before the patch was released an workaround was to by putting Text () on the affected column that was interpreted differently.
eoinboylan
Author

I got to the bottom of this issue.  There was section access applied to this app in hidden script, that's why the data was different after the task load vs the manual load, as the manual load showed everything and was not affected by section access.  

Thanks for all your replies though!