Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Search object does not work from server

Hi,

i have a Qlikview document with a search object that seraches through all the fields in the document.

this works fine from my personal machine when i upload it to the server and access it from web (both Ajax zero footprint and IE Plugin) , the search object simply does not give any results. Many times it also loses connection to the server. all other objects work fine apart from this. even the search functions on individual list boxes works well from web but this search object just does work.

please help.

thanks a lot ibn advance 🙂

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Try using not all but many fields of your model just to make sure that it's not a memory or CPU throttle issue (because that object is looking into many fields).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel.

Is it the server memory or my laptop memory that is used when i access a server document through web ?

i guess its the server memory because thats where the document resides.

i ask this because the server has 32GB ram which is more than enough because my document is only 200 MB and there are no other documents in use right now.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, you are right, it's the Server memory what it's used to render charts and aggregate expressions. But there are some limits you can set both in the document and the server in regards to memory usage and object calculation time. And I think of that because that's the only difference between the document in your laptop (where you don't have a server) and the document in the server (the same file, but the settings of the Server prevail). For example, the server has a limit of 100 symbols in a chart by default, so that means that if you don't change anything, and you have a chart that shows, say, all sales from 2010-01-01 to today day by day, the chart will display empty or will show some error message.

First, make sure you can use the search object with some fields, because it might be some kind of bug. But since it has to populate a dropdown list with thousands of values (or more) it may cause the connection to crash (because some timeout). In the same way, another test you can carry out is opening the document to develop in the Server locally (provided you have QlikView Desktop installed in your server) and see if the search object behaves as expected (my guess is that it will).

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that helps.

When I restrict the search object to fewer columns, it works.

But I would really like to have a global search function in my document.

Can you tell me where can I modify the server settings to increase the memory usage and calculation timeout limits ?

Best Regards,

Devang.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Devang,

Check your settings

Server side in the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, System, Setup, Performance

Document side in the Settings menu, Document Properties, Server tab (regarding timeouts).

Anyway, check the search object properties so it collapses when more than 5 or 6 results are returned, just in case.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica