Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Server / QMC - module not open

Hi,

I've got several modules in my server, but only in one I have this strange behavior:

from time to time i see in the QMC much more sessions then there actual is (i.e. I see 10 sessions, when there are 3 active users on it)

and client can't access to this document, (all other documents on server are applicable)

only after i restart the qlikview server the problem is solved.

is anybody familiar with this situation?

how can i preveny it ahead?

Thanks,

Jacob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all the advices and solutions,

apparently it was the following macro line that caused the problem at some users:

ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FitZoomToWindow

View solution in original post

12 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You have 10 Sessions for 3 users for 1 Application

or

You have 10 session with 10 users while only 3 logged in.

In any case try by reducing session timeout for document

or

Educate end users to click on close to kill session, Highlighted in the image.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi, i've got 10 sessions for 3 users for 1 application

thanks.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Did you try my suggestions.

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

For now the timeout for this document is on default like any other document (6 Minutes)

,i'll give for this document a shorter and see if it helped out.

thanks very much

Giuseppe_Novello

Jacob,

For any chance those documents have any document triggers like "OnOpen" that is launching when the document is trying to open? What client does the user use mostly? Ajax or Plug-in?

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I've got OnOpen trigger, and the clients using desktop version

Chris_Rice
Support
Support

Well, you have two potential issues there.  A poorly formed OnOpen trigger could cause multiple sessions of the same document to launch, so you should take a look at that.  Also, if your users are opening via QV Developer they could simply be opening multiple instances of Developer and not realizing it.

Giuseppe_Novello

Jacob,

So all users open their applications with developer instead going to the accesspoint? Are you sure they are not going to accesspoint and open does document with Ajax Clients? It is known if if you have "OnOpen" triggers and open document with Ajax client, will cause this time of issue, for that R&D determine Ajax won't support OnOpen triggers. What is happening, Ajax runs actions in a single thread, and depending what is executing it might take long to execute and the QVS to QVWS timeout triggers and basically this will stuck on a loop and will create multiple sessions.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

the users using desktop version, they aren't using access point, I know that access point doesn't support OnOpen triggers, this is one of many reasons that we don't using access point.

Also, I tried as a client to open the document, He wasn't opened so i closed it, open again and saw on the QMC 2 sessions that added because of it, so I don't think that users open the document several times is the issue....

Jacob