Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fran_by
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sessions log file: "Authenticated User" is NULL" but "Identifying user" filled

Hi.

Why in Sessions log file filed "Authenticated User" is NULL" but  filed "Identifying user" filled ?

How fix it ?

QVSrever April 2020

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Fran_by
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After update QlikView Server to April 2020 SR3, problem solved

View solution in original post

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Fran_by and everyone, just want to close the loop on this post.  This issue was confirmed by Qlik R&D to be a defect and is fixed in the April 2020 SR3 release.  You can review the Release Notes which states:

Authenticated user is not listed in sessions log on QV 12.50
Jira issue ID: QV-20734
This change fixes issue where "Authenticated User" filed is empty in QVS Session Log.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The best hunch I have is you are not using Windows Active Directory in your environment thus the Authenticated User is not able to be determined, here is the Help Doc link for the Session log fields:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

If you are using Headers etc. in the QVWS side of things, I believe I am on the right track, shout back if you have further questions and provide further details on the configuration if you want further help.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
kellychou
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

We have encountered the same problem when customer upgraded to April 2020 from QlikView 12.10. Customer's environment has Windows Active Directory with SSO.

Fran_by
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After update QlikView Server to April 2020 SR3, problem solved

surajmaraje
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is bug in QlikView 12.5 SR1 and it got fixed in SR2. Please upgrade to 12.5 SR2+ version

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Fran_by and everyone, just want to close the loop on this post.  This issue was confirmed by Qlik R&D to be a defect and is fixed in the April 2020 SR3 release.  You can review the Release Notes which states:

Authenticated user is not listed in sessions log on QV 12.50
Jira issue ID: QV-20734
This change fixes issue where "Authenticated User" filed is empty in QVS Session Log.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!