cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hayward6
Contributor
Contributor

Share documents using Publisher

I am beginning to have a need to share documents with people outside of our company and I was under the impression this could be done with publisher. I am trying to avoid setting up user credentials for these folks since they are not employees of ours. It's more of a collaborative effort... The collaborate and share feature doesn't seem right because I need the documents to be available to them all the time. Is there a way I can do this?

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

To share QlikView information with end-users outside of your company, those end-users will need a QlikView license to access that information (a so-called "CAL"). How are you going to provide them with a QlikView license?

hayward6
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Good questions... Are there options? Could I setup a pool of anonymous cals?

balabhaskarqlik

What you have in mind could be accomplished with a QV Server installation, which offers web access to QV applications

To allow external users (like customers) accessing your documents, you would need appropriate licenses (for the Server and users). Please check with your QV sales rep or partner for details.

The access to user documents is controlled by QlikView Server.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2993?_ga=2.113474304.669771346.1499815677-1654164399.1499815677