Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II

how to connect an active directory group to one qlikview document

Hi,

I have for each qlikview document an active directory group available which is automaticly updated with the correct users who needs and are allowed to access that specific qlikview document.

Where do I need to set up this security, is this outside qlikview done on the properties of the qvw or is this something i can set up within qlikview (server) like using section access?

can this be done wiht NTFS or is DMS required?

As the active directory group is already maintaining the correct access to the right people I want it automated in qlikview server/qvw.

I would like to have it in such a way that if someone logs in that they only see those qvw in the accesspoint where access is provided, so not seeing other qvw where there is no access granted for.

Thanks for helping me out!

Kind regards,

Linda Monincx

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think the first question would be do you have a publisher license? If so you apply the group to the document when you are doing a distribution. If not you have to manually set the group to the QVW under security at the file level.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
lmonincx
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply, I have a publisher license!

I work with QV9 SR7, I can go to a qvw in the management console, select the distribute tab, where do I need to put the group, is that "ditstribute to folder" and select an nt group and then select the qvw???

Sorry never worked with the distribution option.

Kind regards,

Linda

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is where you would all the group to the distribution.

QV9-2012-11-12-11-03-50.png

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Bill

In a cluster envionment because SAN cannot recognize local groups, Is this the only way to handle security.

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can users individually be selected for each QVW via NTFS method, i know they are available in DMS mode.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If it is a Windows Based SAN you should be able to assign groups to the files. If not the only option would be DMS mode.

Are you sure you are not using a NAS.

Bill