Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Access-DB

Hi,

I have a very simple Task - but I have to connect to an Access database. I have not done this before and that "OLE DB Jet ..." Connection Driver which I seem to Need (I have read it in an older thread here) is not available on my System. I have installed that Thing from MS which is also linked in that thread.

In the "ODBC data source Administrator", there is now an entry "MS Access database" which lists that particular ending, "accdb", but I cannot configure it - when I try, I get a message "Setup Routine not found. ... Reinstall" - but I cannot even remove it, I get that very same message when I try that.

Can somebody help me a Little with that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Next try - I think I have made it. I tried an ODBC Connection now and somehow I was able to select "MS Access" and navigate to the file and I got the usual selection_Dialog and that far it all seems to be fine.

Let's see.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Somehow it seems that I have made it using that MS_Database_Engine I have downloaded. I had to paste the Name incl. the path of the Access_file I want to connect to and I got the usual selection_Dialog. Let's see what happens ...

P.S.: Nope - that was not it. the LOAD returned me 0 records ...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Next try - I think I have made it. I tried an ODBC Connection now and somehow I was able to select "MS Access" and navigate to the file and I got the usual selection_Dialog and that far it all seems to be fine.

Let's see.