Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Access Point Secuity

Hello

I am wondering if I can put security at the Category level in Access Point.  We are separating the application out into 2 parts.  1 application is for the end user to perform their analysis on and the other application we are using with NPrinting.  I don't want the NPrinting application to be visible in Access Point.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You could applications like this into a separate folder and disabled the option "browsable" within the qmc (System/Setup/QlikView Servers/YourServer/Folders). Another possibilty is the use of Section Access.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could applications like this into a separate folder and disabled the option "browsable" within the qmc (System/Setup/QlikView Servers/YourServer/Folders). Another possibilty is the use of Section Access.

- Marcus

Colin-Albert

Distribute the NPrinting app to a folder that is not a sub-folder of an existing mounted folder or root folder, and set the folder as not browsable in the QMC.

The users will not see the apps in the folder that is not browsable.

fcecconi
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Colin

thanks for your answer.  I have a new question now.  I have 2 different applications in the same folder, but I want user 1 to only see application 1 and user 2 to see application 1 and 2 in access point.  How can I do this?  I don't have publisher installed.

Regards,

Frank