Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Point..

Hi All,

There is no Active directory and I have used the Section Access for  User Authentication , I need to no when iam giving the Access point link to the user created in Sheet access how do i make them to login ? Under Qlikview  Managment Console  in the System tab and ther is something called Loging  Username and password . My question is do i need to enter the user name i created in Section Access and give a password ?

So that this username and password will be used as logign credential for user while accessind Access Point ????

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies
Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

The first point is:

In the QMC I can see one of the services is down, can you share one image of the services in the QMC, please? This option you can see in the tab Status->Services

Maybe the web server is down and for this reason you can’t enter in the access point.

And the answer for your question, when you enter in the application of Qlikview by the access point only there the access point ask for your credentials. When you enter in the access point the user and pws that you need to enter are the user of windows or the active directory

Regards!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the clearification Garcia ,

I dont know how did they implent Username and Pasword for Access point ? as there is no Active Directory here .

avinashelite

The access point USERNAME and PASSWORD is a additional security added on to your document i.e. section will one layer of protection and QMC (USERNAME and PASSWORD) is the another level of protection.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Avinash ,

Can you please tell me how do i add the user name  and password for the user in QMC ?

Thanks in Advance

Not applicable
Author

If u see in my snapshot attachment , i created one user and enter the password , after that my qlikview services are down , and I am not able up my services can you please suggest me over this with your knowledge

Gencho
Creator II
Creator II

Some things for the services are down it’s because:

• The user are not in to the QlikView administrators of the server
  • Someone change the account of the services or change the password of the account, you need to check the services in the next screen

Caure.PNG

• QlikView has 5 services, in my image you can see only 2 services that is because I have a Cluster and the services are in other servers, but in your server you can see 5 services and you need to check what server that is stop.
  • Please check what server are down, what is the error that show and please add the image

Regards!