Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access issue in scripting

Hi

we are following agile methodology and have to complete a task within mentioned Iteration(15 days).so that what we did within the time the user able to check after the production done.

So now i am problem is regarding giving access to the particular user in scripting.

Below line using for giving access for number of users in Script.but here user can access when after the completion of production part(production will release once in a month).so the user has to wait for long time to access.

LET vBusinessUser = if(OSUSER()= 'id\companyid','Y'...

now i want instead of waiting for a month,is there is possibility to access the sheets(qlikview) irrespective of production release after refresh of Data on daily bases.

13 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Honestly, I haven't understood your approach to secure the document / scripting / sheets.

Could you elaborate how the variable is used?

In general, security can be controlled on a row level using section access:

Introduction to Section Access

And here is a blog post about the different levels of security:

Data Reduction – Yes, but How?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Sorry of this i am not able to explain properly.Below is the Script i given in Backend.here the below user can access the application fully.Its working properly

LET vBusinessUser = if(OSUSER()= 'USER1','Y',

if(OSUSER()= 'USER2','Y',

if(OSUSER()= 'USER3','Y',

if(OSUSER()= 'USER4','Y',))))

we release a updated apps once in a month for user.so whatever changes we done in app they can see after the app release(every month on 14th)

Now my problem is:

today i need to give a access for another user  USER5.if i add today the USER5 can access the application only after production release(next month 14th).the user has to wait long time.

i want now is if i add USER5 now he/she must have access from next day onwards(data will refresh daily.after refresh the USER5 has to access the app) instead of waiting till next month 14th in production.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you just want to give access fo your document to specific users, then there are basically three methods you could use:

Security inside the document: through Section Access which is organized using script code, you can set permissions for some users to get in, for other users to get in with a limited view on specific data only, and for all others to be denied access. Unfortunately, changing your Load script means that you will be creating a new release of your document. And as a result, normal production schedules need to be applied (once in a month).

Security on file level: you can also restrict access to your QlikView document by setting file level permissions that grant Read access to your document to some users, and no access at all to all other users. This is either done using NTFS permissions by a sysadmin, or using QlikView DMS permissions in the QMC by a QlikView admin. Maybe you can avoid the once-a-month publication schedule here.

No license = no access: the third and simplest method to grant/deny access to a document is by assigning/revoking QlikView Client Access Licenses to/from specific users (in the QMC). This only works if the licenses used are document-specific (Doc CAL) and not coverall licenses (Named CAL). Again, if these management tasks can be executed at irregular intervals, you may be able to escape the once-a-month publication procedure.

Hope this makes a few things clear. If not, ask away.

Peter

swuehl
MVP
MVP

So you are asking about how your production release schedule should be changed?

I don't know how we should answer this, since this is more like a process definition within your company?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That means that you should store the list with users that should be granted access in an external data source, like an Excel file or a database table. This table will be loaded as part of the normal load script execution during every reload cycle (once a day, multiple times a day?) and makes access management independent from whatever your production schedule (once-a-month) is.

Using the concat() and match() functions, you can set your script variable and decide whether to show / hide specific stuff to the current user as identified by OSUser().

Make sure that you - as security manager for this document - have access to the Excel file or database table.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Sorry

Its misunderstanding.i am not asking to change my production release date.

I am asking is there any other approach to do instead of above script.and Section access is not allowed

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I think I misunderstood what you were asking for.

But I believe Peter's suggested approach should offer a possible solution.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for reply

This approach i am doing still in process. i created the excel data with all required USERS but how can i use concat() and match() functions and variables??

If you have any sample code please provide

Not applicable
Author

Yes already i am working on this approach but in script i am bit confuse how to do