Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Actions - Select in field (search string)

Hi all,

In our line of business every completed PBI (problem) should have a related PKE (known error).

Recently Mani and Joshua on this community helped me with an expression for a text box below which shows all the completed PBI's that does not have a PKE linked.

=count(if([PBI_STATUS]='Completed' and len(Replace(PKE_ID,'-',''))=0 ,1))

In this example the total should be 3.

PBI_IDPBI_STATUSPKE_ID
5452Completed7785
2154Completed-
4523Assigned2154
9541Assigned-
2157Completed-
1235Completed-
3258Completed1546
1464Draft5852

This all works perfectly fine but I would like a user to be able to click on the text box and it should reflect the data in a table. So I added actions

1. Select in field - PBI_STATUS - (Completed) - This works perfectly
  2. Select in field - PKE_ID - Null values - I dont know how to do this

Problem is I do not know how to put this. I want to show all the values that does not have a PKE (Null values). How can I go about this?

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

I guess select in field action with something like this:

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<PBI_STATUS = {'Completed'}, PKE_ID = {'-'}>} PBI_ID, '|') & ')'

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

The search string is OK with no errors but nothin happens when I click on the text box.

I alreaedy have a "Select in field" for PBI_STATUS = Completed so no need to combine all into one string.

All I am looking for is to add another Select in field for PKE_ID that has a null value.

Field:

PKE_ID

Search String:

('-')

Does not work.

sunny_talwar

How about this?

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT {<PBI_STATUS = {'Completed'}, PKE_ID = p({<PKE_ID = {'*'}>})>} PBI_ID, '|') & ')'