Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add when no record found

I need to create a straight or pivot table that has dimensions of Sales Person and Customer. For a selected product type (set analysis) sales are totaled in an expression. I need the chart to show the top 5 customers for a sales person and then create a "dummy" customer called "Other Customers" with the total of sales for customers not in the top five. Also if a Sales person has no customer with sales for the product type I need the sales person to show and the customer dimension to show "Other Customer" with a sales total of 0 (zero).

How can I do this?

Thanks,
Stephen

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you looked into the dimension limits feature? I think this should solve your top 5 and Others requirement, though I am not really sure if this handles the zero sales value correctly.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Using a straight table you can set the dimension limits for the second dimension Customer to Show Largest 6 values and enable the Others option. You won't be able to show the zero sales though.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand