Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding a Table as Help Text

Hello,

I have a table that I want to use as my help text.  It contains multiple rows and multiple columns.  However, when I hover over the area where I have added the help text I am only seeing one row of data.  Is there a way to show all rows and all columns?  I have already suggested using a hidden table with a variable to turn it on and off.  The end user does not want to click, they want to hover.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Scott

5 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Scott,

Can you post a sample file or at least an image as there may be several options for you depending on the requirement.

Matt - Visaul Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

The image below shows the popup I used creating a variable.  This is what I need to have display only I need it to hover on mouseover.  It is activated by clicking on the question mark.

New Picture (4).bmp

Thanks,

Scott

matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Scott,

Apologies but I don't think that the 'on hover-over' method is possible when it comes to controlling the display of a table in Qlikview. The most I understand you can do ith pop-ups on hover-over is either 'Text as Popup' in a graphical chart or the built in Help notation that applies to the whole object.

Personally I'd push back to who ever has requested it and argue that the clicking of the Question mark is the better solution as it controls when the additional table is displayed instead of it appearing un-necessarily simply because someone has hovered over the wrong area.

Of course that's just personal preference.

I'll keep thinking and let you know if I come across a possible solution.

All the best,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Matt!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Scottmc68,

Do you want something like this?

I have attached an application for your kind perusal.

Regards,

Bikash