Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding new rows with calculations

The attachment shows the format that I want. All bold cells are the rows I must add.

I have a relationship  Division-----Group------Company.

I don't know if for the Total CompanyName# and FINAL TOTAL is needed generating it by QV "SubTotals" option or it is calculated by Expression as I suppose?

I already have this format with only CompanyName# and value columns but without those bolded fields, I want it to show up in Straight Table!! is it possible to do this? I am using SQL database only. Can't use Excel files.

Probably I will use scripting for this. If some information missing please let me know, this is urgent!

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark,

can you give the excel file with the exact calculation

is it ok if i replicate this using script as i am able to do it ????

Regards

Harsha

Not applicable
Author

its a database I'm using. I have no excel sheet. That file was just my final presentation as result of a report. You mean the qvw?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

What about a pivot table with subtotals for each dimension?

Presentation Tab, tick "Show Partial Sums" for each dimension

Not applicable
Author

this is the straight table with the result i want but adding the rows shown above. I already tested pivot table before but I dont think it will work. Let me try and I will reply again.

Not applicable
Author

OK. As I have 3 dimensions. I typed in Enable Conditional = 0 for Division and Group to hide them and in Presentation I checked Show Partial Sums and It shows the Final Total and not Totals by group separately in the only dimension that I should have "Company" column. I have other expression already calculated but they are shown after those columns you see in the screen above, I actually want them to appear below each Group Totals and same as below Division Totals. Am I clear enough?