Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

Addmonths function

Dear All,

Can anybody explain  addmonths with mode in details ?

Thanks

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
14 Replies
vikasmahajan
Author

Hello ,

I think this works only when year is leap but I am not sure

Thanks

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable

Hello Satti,

This is because the next month which you are adding is of 28 days. And any date before 28th of feb would return same date irrespective of mode.

Thanks,

ASINGH

michael_anthony
Creator II
Creator II

Mode 1 is only effective when the starting date is >= 28th of the month.  Any earlier day returns same for both modes.  This applies to all months, not just February.  Presume this is because all months have at least 28 days so there is no confusion of how to add a month, whereas 28,29,30 and 31 could be interpreted differently.

Not applicable

Hi Gysbert,

I need a help from you, Please help me on this :

I have 3 months date, Suppose - 1 Jan to 31 Jan, 1 Feb to 28 Feb and for March - 1 Mar 2015. Now I am in QlikView script to load this, It is reloading . But Output should to come like

Invoice Date : 31 Jan 2015, 1 Feb 2015 to 28 Feb (Whole Date for Feb Month) and no date for 1st Mar 2015.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

addmonths() --help to add/remove few months to ur current selection date.

go with reference manual for more details!