cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggr - Sum of average of last 3 months average

Hi,

I have an expression that is avg of 3 months for the current month, e.g. July = avg(Jul,Jun,May)

I already have that one ussing rangeavg and aggr. The problem is thaat I have 2 dimensions at header in pivot (month and quarter)

When the Quarter is collapsed, it should sum the previously calculated average for each quarter's month, here the example

Quarter = Avg(Jul,Jun,May) + Avg(Jun,May,Apr) + Avg(May,Apr,Mar)

I'm right now ussing dimensionality() and secondarydimensionality() functions to use the right variable/formula depending the collapsed/expanded columns/rows, for the quarter I'm using the offset parameter in rangeavg, to calculate previous month's avg, but it only works when the quarter is not collapsed, I'm not really sure what it is doing when it is collapsed.

See attached application, as an example, Q3-2016 should return 196,835 in the Den column for the first one but it's returning 199,062 instead.

Commercial DirectPCNotebooks

Thnks for your help!

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try Sum($(vInv_Den)) anyway

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

64,033 + 65,633 + 65,914 = 195,580. Shouldn't this be the correct answer?

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try Sum($(vInv_Den)) anyway

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yeah... I don't know where those numbers came from, just the  64033 is the right one, anyways, it worked! thanks a lot! I was overcomplicating it, I never thinked of that. Thanks again