Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aggr function not working

Hi all,

I am trying to get something simple to work but it just doesn't. Attached qvw file has a table with four dimensions. The goal is to figure out which persons have worked less than 10 hours on all projects combined. I thought the simple formula was:

=if(aggr(sum(Hours), Name) <= 10, sum(Hours)).

This expression gives me the correct names but not the correct amount of hours or projects. Example; the person called CINENT should show 9 hours in total of which 3 in PID R and 6 in PID S. However, R shows up but S is missing.

Can somebody help?

Many thanks in advance.

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dmitrijs,

Thanks for the suggestion but it doesn't seem to work completely as it should. At first it seems okay but after careful analysis, a few rows that should show go missing.. I did try the solution of Sunny and that shows correctly all rows.. I also don't understand why your solution doesn't work as it seems accurate to me as well

Thanks though

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

Just added the formula in my "real" dashboard and manually checked against it and it works perfect. Thank you very much.

I am a bit surprised that I didn't get it to work with me Aggr function as I thought I was doing everything okay. In any case, many thanks for your help solving this!!

sunny_talwar

Super