Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anuhegde
Contributor III
Contributor III

Aggregation in SQL vs QlikView

Hello Everyone,

The SQL query in the extractor takes 1.5 hours to load the data. It has 2 where conditions and sum(cost). There are 15 columns in the query.

My question is if I load all the 15 columns with the 2 where conditions and without aggregation in the SQL and then do a preceding load where I calculate the sum, will it improve the performance? Will it take less time to execute?

Doing the aggregations in qlik is faster?

Stay Safe!!

Regards

Anusha

Labels (1)
2 Replies
sunny_talwar

@anuhegde I think it all comes down to which of the two locations have more system resources. Most of the times database are more efficient to perform the aggregations and pass the aggregated values to Qlik, but if database is running low on resources or have low resources, Qlik might work better.

I would say give it a shot and see what works better out of the two.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Only other thing I can offer is some best practices info:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/LoadData/best-p...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.