Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vijaikrishna
Contributor
Contributor

Alphanumeric expression in Pivot Table

I need to display alphanumeric values in pivot table.(I do not perform any aggregation on my expression.) I tried using only function and money function, both doesn't seem to help.

Any suggestions please.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
ramchalla
Creator
Creator

@Vijaikrishna i am unable to understand your question. can you please elaborate?

if you want to display the alphanumeric values, we dont need to apply any functions to data. it will be displayed automatically when you add the dimension to the Pivot table.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

If you use Only([Field] ) then you need to make sure that you only have a single Field value per pivot table dimension combination.

Money() is not a aggregation function, it is a formating function like num() and date(). Using Money([Field]) is equivalent to the output of Money(Only ([Field])), so even here you need to make sure that you have only one Field value per pivot table dimension combination. 

Vijaikrishna
Contributor
Contributor
Author

The Metric data to be displayed in Pivot, is pre computed summary data along with RAG values appended together to it. Hence the expression is alphanumeric. Also i need to display last 7 months data for the expressions for any selected period.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You are likely going to need to attach a QVW file in order to get further responses, as folks are going to need to be able too look into the data model, chart and expressions etc. in order to troubleshoot this one.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.