Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternate State. How to refer to inherited state in script

I have an multi-box object which is set to an alternate state. However, I want this object to be visible only (using Layout \ Condition) when a selection has been made on a list-box which is not set to any alternate state (default inherit state). How can I do that?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

in the file i attached the list that appears when you select 2006 is in alternate state you can see this because you can see that all the months values are in white while in the list beside some of the months are turn gary

so the right month list is in a diffrent state then the year list which is in the inherited state just as you described

View solution in original post

9 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi check this example

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe I am missing something. Did you upload a wrong example by mistake?

Dinesh.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Dinesh,

just use this function in the layout condition of the multi box (substitute fieldname):

=GetSelectedCount(fieldname) > 0

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

yes here is the correct one

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This will work when you do not use an alternate state. I am using the new feature alternate state which came with QV11.

rbecher
MVP
MVP

I don't really understand your problem. Can you upload an example please..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

in the file i attached the list that appears when you select 2006 is in alternate state you can see this because you can see that all the months values are in white while in the list beside some of the months are turn gary

so the right month list is in a diffrent state then the year list which is in the inherited state just as you described

rbecher
MVP
MVP

The problem here is there is no suitable solution for a different or multiple selection of the year...

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That was never the intent. I had to show/hide a report only when a specific value is selected and hence it works for me.