Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Always one selected value in Calendar Object

Hi All,

Is it possible to set always one selected value in calendar object  like in list box .

Any Ideas

22 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Below screen shot , i have selected date ,and three list boxes.

In the above screen shot i made clear selections ,then two list boxes got cleared.But calendar object doesn't get cleared.

That is the functionality i am looking for.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Isn't this the way the it is already working?? I would think it is. What is it doing right now???

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The functionality is already in one of the dashboard.

Now i need to implement the same functionality

sunny_talwar

I meant what I proposed in the solution I gave you earlier where you can select only one date from the calendar doing this. When you clear everything else should clear except the calendar linked field?

avinashelite

Hi

As sunindia‌ said the implementation with the variable will serve your requirement . If you use a field with Always single select check , we don't have option ti clear and its against the logic of Always single select check.

Try with variable, if you want to go only with  field than you can try like disable the calendar i.e by hiding the calendar with a msg ...

Not applicable
Author

Another option if you do not use a field is to create a button and define the actions as to which fields you want to clear

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi RGV,

P.S: When we slect 'Always one selected Value', it won't be cleared when we use Clear ALL

Can you please attach the sample file with the data to demonstrate your issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi qlikviewwizard

Thanks for your reply !!

I am aware of what you mean to say ,but i want to clear  rest of all the selections  in dashboard in which 'Always one selected is not applied .

Test:

LOAD * INLINE [

Product, Price

Car, 100

Bike, 50

Cycle, 30

];

calendar:

LOAD * INLINE [

Date, Value

1/1/2013, 100

2/1/2011, 200

3/2/2014, 300

4/5/2014, 500

];

calendarobject using date field in Calendar table .

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi RGV,

What is link betwen Calendar and Test?

Value=Price?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

There is no link between them .

for understanding the scenario i hav e posted the example.

My reqirement is to clear all the objects except the date in the calendar object.

Thanks