cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dmitryromanov23
Contributor III
Contributor III

An expression that works in QlikSense does not work in QlikView

In My previous question  I was prompted with an expression that solves the question of interest. This expression works in Qlik Sense, but does not work correctly in QlikView. Can you please tell me why this is the case?

The expression is: 

Count({< >+<status={'in work'},[closing date],[date of registration]={"<=$(=Max([closing date]))"},[reference number]-=p({<[closing date]={">=$(=Date(0))"}>})>} distinct [reference number])

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Marijn
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Dmitryromanov23 , I have a few questions:
- What's the purpose of adding the empty set selector < > to the expression?
- Why do you add [closing date] to the set without selecting any value?
- Why deselect certain reference numbers with a p() instead of just selecting on the closing date specifically? (with : closing date]={">=$(=Date(0))"})

Have you tried cleaning up the expression in qlikview to achieve the desired results? I've noticed that QlikSense does sometimes interpret expression a bit differently than Qlikview.

Regards,
Marijn

Dmitryromanov23
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, @Marijn 

I need to get all the reference numbers when selecting dates in DatePicker. However, there are rows in my data where the closing date field has empty values. For example, I need that when selecting dates (March 20-24) I also need to display fields with empty values in the closing date field if the date of registration field is less than the selected date (<= March 24)