Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Animated Bubble Chart

I have a table like following.

EngineYearTemperature 1Temperature 2
A2011-613
A2012-725
B2011-38
B2012-212

I am trying to make a bubble chart which would show the values of Temperature1 and Temperature2 separately on Y-axis. Bubble's color will represent Engine and bubbles wil animate in Y direction with the change in value of Temperatures with change in Year. So Year is the dimension that controls the animation and value of Temperatures are the ones which animate showing results for each Engine.

The problem here is what should I represent on X-axis? I want it like the picture attached here, so that behavior of both Temperatures can be visualized combined in one chart, but separated by a distance on X-axis.

sample.png

Position 1 corresponds to Temperature1 and Position 2 corresponds to Temperature2. On Y-axis, are the values of both the temperatures animating with change in Year

4 Replies
vikasmahajan

Go through http://www.qlikblog.at/2574/qlikview-extension-animated-scatter-chart/

and

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/03/18/scatter-chart

post.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
vikasmahajan

pfa sample

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas

The sample you've attached has a well defined dimension for X-axis (per capita GDP). My problem is that I don't have such a dmension available in table. As can be seen in the picture, values of Temperature1 should lie on Position1 which is currently not available. I tried to make a new table which as mapping for Positions and kind of Temperature (Temperature1 or Temperature2). But the problem is how to combine this table with the earlier one to give Position as X-axis parameter.