Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Any examples for dynamically generating a table

Hello all -

We are new to QlikView, but I am so impressed with the community for QlikView and the sheer knowledge of users who contribute to this community!

We load in a large (wide) database view which has many columns. Our users would like to have "their own" table of columns in the QlikView document which tends to vary from user to user. We were thinking we could load the columns names in a list selection input box and then let the user select the columns they would like in their table and from this dynamically generate the table. As we thought about it, this idea did not seem unique to our customers so thought we would ask if anyone has done this or ideas to get started?

We are using QlikView 9, have Enterprise Server so we would like the table to work in Collaboration "mode" on the server so users can add their own sheet.

Thanks all!

Kim

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, a lot of people have done this using various "dynamic chart" techniques. The "pick your columns" from a list is common and usually involves a macro. I could provide an example with the caveat that using macros can be problematic. So my first suggestion would be to look at the simple Collaboration approach. If you are willing to use Server Collaboration, can you just have users create their own Table Boxes?

-Rob