Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvendeza
Contributor II
Contributor II

Any suggestions on how to make MonthEnd function work??

Can someone please help me with my MonthEnd function?

My values are populating on the first of every month because of my interval, but I would like to move it to the end of each month instead (Note: it's crucial that I have every single day on my chart since I generate daily values for two other fields). I've tried using MonthEnd as well as MonthsEnd, but it just wouldn't work. It either doesn't generate any values, or -if I put the MonthEnd function on line 25 of the LinkTable-, you do get the dates to change to the end of the month, but all other data is removed.   I've tried using different expressions on my chart, but those didn't work either. If ya'll have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! I've attached a portion of my original  script below (no MonthEnd function included).

Thank you!

Labels (3)
2 Replies
MarcoWedel

Maybe

DayName(MonthEnd(InventoryValuation_MBEW.MBEW.YearMonth)) as Date_MAVP.Date

?

see also https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Please-help-MonthEnd-Function/td-p/1916567

bvendeza
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That unfortunately did not work 😞 

After incorporating it into the link table, it did generate the end of the month for each month, but in contrast, it eradicated all the values associated with the dates now exempted from the date field. I just cannot seem to get around the interval, no matter how I try to manipulate the script or the expressions in the chart. Any other solutions you think could work are welcome! Thank you for the input too!