Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Any way of sending an email with attachments - without a macro?

Hi,

I have an app calculating the usage_rate of our storage capacities - shortly speaking, dividing the nr. of boxes we currently have (in the system, coming from a transaction table) by the nr. of spaces we have in the plant.

Since I have no reliable list of all the storage_spaces ("Bins") we actually have set up in our database, one or two new Bins pop up every now and then - spaces (in the system) where boxes are booked - so they must be somewhere - which are not yet listed in that self-made database of storage_spaces I have.

I already have it quite handy, there is a textbox where I just list new Bins popping up - some typework, but okay - which I can just export to the clipboard and then paste into an email.

Maybe I can come up with still an easier way, just writing any BINs there are to a qvd file, every time checking whether the BIN already exists and so making a list.

my question is: Is there any way of sending an email with those BINs attached, or in the email_body, without using a macro?

Thank you!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

maybe you could use alerts for this: QlikView App: Send Data In QlikView Alerts.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

maybe you could use alerts for this: QlikView App: Send Data In QlikView Alerts.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

yep. I think that would be the way to go. However, I cannot really automate this task - whenever I receive an answer, I have to modify what's in the object which would be the basis for those emails - there is too much manual effort in there that cannot be replaced, so automating just one part of it would not really do any good.

Best regards,

DataNibbler