Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Application Security

Hello

How do I apply security to my QV applications so that only authorised users can access them?

Ideally I'd like the authorised users to be able to open the application without going through a "enter your username" box (the system should already know their username), and unathorised users should not be able to open it at all.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Many thanks.

James

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you are using QV Server , you can set the access security on the file and / or folder by itself. Making sure only authorized users can see/ access the application.

Philippe

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you are using QV Server , you can set the access security on the file and / or folder by itself. Making sure only authorized users can see/ access the application.

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

James,

if your app is running on a QV server, you can use the server security - based on NT Auth. - as mentioned by Philippe already.

If your app is not running on a server (i.e. you distribute the file), or you want to do data-related security, you should look into the "Section Access" topic.
It also can be based on NT Auth.
"Section Access" is security embedded in the QVW file.
Check the manual and the forum on this topic.

Hth,
Thilo